I love soup and I started a new tradition two years ago of serving Roasted Cauliflower Soup as an appetizer before Thanksgiving Dinner!
- 4 Large heads of Cauliflower
- Olive oil (enough to cover and coat the Cauliflower)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 jar of minced garlic
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages of Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut Cauliflower into 2 inch florets
- Toss on cookie sheet with olive oil until coated
- Add 1/2 tsp. of salt and toss into mixture
- Add the 1/2 jar of minced garlic and toss into mixture
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 30 minutes tossing Cauliflower every 10 minutes
- Place baked Cauliflower into large pot
- Add chicken stock and simmer over medium heat
- Process Cauliflower mixture in batches in food processor (Be careful…just pulse…not purée!)
- Return cauliflower mixture to large pot and add cheese, heavy cream and remaining salt
- Cook over low heat
Note: The first year I made this our guests loved it so much, he could hardly eat Thanksgiving dinner!
Thanksgiving Tip! Be sure to serve a beautiful RAW salad as part of the menu! Holiday meals are heavy and having a delicious raw salad as a side item will help with digestion!
Article Written By: Alyson She’d