When I want healthy muffins in a hurry, this is my favorite recipe that my daughters make. So yummy!
- 2 cups dry oats
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Up to 1/2 cup mix-ins: chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, raspberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with liners. If using liners, lightly spray them.
- Place the all ingredients but the mix-ins in a blender.
- Blend on high, stopping to scrape down and stir the ingredients, until the batter is smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Then, stir in the mix-ins.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Serve. Makes 12 muffins.
Article Written by: Carla Waldemar