One of my favorite things about fall is my mom’s sweet potato casserole. It is a coveted dish at
our Thanksgiving dinner table. If you don’t have a favorite recipe for sweet potato casserole, you should try hers! Here is what you will need:
- 2 40oz cans of cut sweet potatoes (drained and mashed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten in separate bowl
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, and brown sugar together
- In separate bowl, beat eggs
- Add beaten eggs to casserole mix slowly.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla and ½ tsp of nutmeg until thoroughly mixed.
- Add half & half
- Pour into large greased baking dish.
- For the topping, mix brown sugar, flour, pecans, and butter until crumbly.
- Place evenly on top of casserole and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Cover with tin foil
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your family and friends!
Article Written By: Rachel Harper