Summertime is a great time to be refreshed! And an ice-cold smoothie is great for a hot summer day! My son designed this recipe and made it for us just this week, and it was delicious! I welcome you to try it for yourself!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 and ½ cups ice cubes
- ¾ cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 8 tablespoons of sugar (or other natural sweetener)
- 1 cup of water
- Put ice cubes in blender
- Add bananas broken in thirds
- Add frozen strawberries, and mixed berries
- Add the vanilla flavoring, and water.
- Mix well.
- Let mix for approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Add more water as needed for desired consistency.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Mix well again for about 10-20 seconds, or until evenly blended.
Pour into individual glasses for serving. Makes 3 full 8 oz. glasses, or about 6 or 7, 4 oz. glasses. Place straws in glasses, and enjoy!
Article Written by: Debbie Harper, Ph.D.